Billing & Payments

Turn your educational goals into a reality by planning for its costs.

The Student Financial Services Office maintains a record of each student's financial commitment with the university. Charges (tuition, fees, room, board, etc.) are posted for each semester or session that the student is registered and payments are recorded as received. Clarion University provides electronic billing to all students via the MyClarion online student information system. Students are notified through their university email when an invoice has been posted to their account.The university does not mail invoices to enrolled students.学生s should print and provide invoices to other parties as needed from their MyClarion account. Instructions for viewing and printing invoices can be foundhere. For more detailed billing information, students can go to the "Account Activity" screen found in the drop down box of the Student Center's Finances section.

Initial fall and spring semester invoices are provided to students approximately 30 days prior to the start of the semester. Initial winter intersession and summer session 1, 2, and 3 invoices are provided to students approximately 10 days before these sessions.

The student is responsible to ensure that all Clarion University charges are paid or covered by financial aid by the beginning of each semester or session.Please note:Undergraduate students must be registered for six or more credits each semester in order to receive a Stafford loan or a state PHEAA grant. Less than half-time students may still qualify for a federal Pell grant if they demonstrate sufficient financial need. Payments can be made in the form of financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships), cash, check, debit card, or credit card. Payments are accepted in the office (cash, check, debit card), by mailing a check payment, or by online payment (online check, debit card, credit card) via the student's MyClarion account.

学生s with delinquent account balances will be charged a late fee and will not be permitted to register for courses. Financial registration holds are assigned to students with delinquent accounts of $1,000 or more. Academic records (transcripts and diplomas) will be withheld until all charges have been paid in full. To avoid late payment fees, all charges not covered by financial aid should be paid by the start of the semester.

Here are some things to know regarding tuition, other costs and refunds:

  • Tuition rates for the 14 state system schools is normally reviewed and set annually by the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education's (PASSHE) Board of Governors. However, tuition is subject to change at any time by the board.
  • The Clarion University Council of Trustees usually meets in July to set the fees for programs and services the university offers students. All fees appearing on the student account are payable whether or not the student plans to use these services. Fees are used to support student activities and the operation of the university facilities and are subject to change.
  • Room and board charges are normally reviewed and set annually by the Clarion University Council of Trustees. However, room and board is subject to change at any time by the council.
  • University refunds of tuition and fees for class withdrawal are granted in accordance with the policy established by the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Board of Governors and are subject to change at any time by the board. To receive a refund, students must officially withdraw through the Registrar's Office. A 100 percent refund will be granted only if a student officially withdraws before or during the specified drop/add period. After the drop/add period, partial refunds are granted according to the above mentioned refund schedule. Refunds for fall/spring sessions that start on dates other than the official fall and spring class start dates are determined independently based on the session start date and length.
Last Updated 3/4/20